“The one who volunteers, gives twice.”
Volunteers give their precious (and priceless!) gifts of time and talent — and help build a strong community for all of us.
Lakeshore Players is a true community theatre. Our small staff depends on the many volunteers who help put together every show. For every production, volunteers fill vital roles behind the scenes, on the stage, and in the house. Listed below are just a few of the many types of volunteer opportunities at Lakeshore. No experience necessary!
- Actors: auditions
- Costume Assistants
- Assistant Stage Managers
- Ushers: See the shows for free by becoming an Usher for Lakeshore Players! All volunteers must receive training in order to Usher at Lakeshore Players. Call our volunteer coordinator to schedule a brief training: 651-429-5674.
- Lighting & Sound Board Operators
- Backstage Help
- Set Builders:
Every production offers volunteer opportunities for people who like to do hands-on work assisting with set building in the following areas (No Experience Necessary for Most Jobs!):
- Scenic Painting
- Lighting (Hang, Focus, Light Board Operation, etc.)
- Sound (Sound FX, Music, Microphones, Sound Board Operation, etc.)
- Making & Finding Props
- Special Event Help (Costume Sale, Annual Fundraiser, Volunteer Appreciation Event)
Volunteers serve on our board of directors and committees.
- Education & Outreach
- New Building / Capital Campaign
- 10-Minute Play Festival
- Development & Fund Raising
- Season Planning
Watch volunteers and LPT Technical Director Beth Miller build the set of The Foreigner in February 2015 in the video below.