We are looking for a new play to complete our inaugural season of our Active Voice: Staged Reading Series.
There are four plays in the inaugural Active Voice: Staged Reading Series. Three of the shows are:
Topdog/Underdog by Suzan-Lori Parks
The Birthday Party by Harold Pinter
Angels in America: The Millennium Approaches by Tony Kushner.
The fourth play is one that we are seeking.
***YOUR PLAY HERE***
For all four shows the anticipated process is concise. We will audition performers, cast the performers best suited for the roles, work within the rehearsal room for a few weeks to explore the text, and culminate in two performances. The final performance will have a discussion to engage the artists with the community while diving deeper into the show. The playwright for the fourth staged reading is welcome to participate in as much of the process as they wish. The play is scheduled for performances on May 12 and 14, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
There is no Submission fee. Only one submission per playwright.
- A play to be performed by no more than 10 performers.
- Full-length in any genre.
- If a musical, the score should be original and able to be played by one pianist.
- Translations, collections of one-acts, and any play that has received a full scale professional production prior to submission are not eligible.
- Opportunities for diversity are preferred.
- We respond primarily to plays with a sure command of language and a clear dramatic action.
A complete submission package includes:
- Title of the play
- Your contact information
- A concise paragraph describing why your play is a good fit for Lakeshore Players Theatre
- Character breakdown and description
- Time and place
- 10-page sample minimum, full manuscript welcome if complete.
Submission Deadline: August 7, 2017
Anyone may submit a play.
Applicable Submission Categories include (but are not limited to):
Playwrights of Color
Send a PDF via email to email@example.com.
Company Contact Information:
Lakeshore Players Theatre
4820 Stewart Ave White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Office: 651-426-3275 | Tickets: 651-429-5674
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Lakeshore Players Theatre’s (LPT) mission is to provide community enrichment and education through the performing arts. A community based nonprofit theater under professional management, LPT is committed to strengthening our community by helping people of all ages and experiences to participate in the performing arts. The 2017-2018 season is Lakeshore Players Theatre’s 65th season.