Make Our Dream A Reality!
In 2014, we launched the Light The Stage! Capital Campaign to raise funds to build a new performing arts center. We are thrilled to have reached 50% of our goal of $6.2 million in just over one year.
A capital campaign is an intensive fundraising effort designed to raise a specified sum of money within a defined time period for a building project. We seek people interested in volunteering on our Campaign as members of the Cultivation Sub-Committee. In particular, we need people to assist with the following activities:
- Solicit major gifts on the Cultivation Sub-Committee
- Open doors to prospects via phone calls, often during business hours, introductions, and scheduling meetings
- Provide linkage with grant-making corporations and foundations
- Be a positive spokesperson for the Campaign
- Meet in-person, via conference call, and at the Capital Campaign Committee monthly meeting (third Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m.).
If you enjoy making connections, reaching out to people you know (or may not know), have easy access to the northeast metro area, and have a passion for the performing arts/community building, then we would love to talk with you!
Volunteers are a key link between Lakeshore Players and our prospective donor/business community. As a Sub-Committee volunteer we ask you to:
- Lend Your Name. Committee members agree to allow the organization to use their name in all public relations materials and in solicitation of prospects throughout the area.
- Be a Spokesperson. Speak positively about the organization and the campaign, and be prepared to answer basic questions. Rely on Lakeshore staff and key personnel for detailed information.
- Open Doors. Review the prospect list and indicate those with whom they can arrange a meeting. Also suggest new prospects.
- Make a Gift up to your financial ability. We seek 100% participation by Committee members.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times as donor/prospect information is shared with committee members.
Download this posting as a printable PDF: Cultivation Sub Committee Roles & Responsibilities